Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Themed Tuesdays

Tuesdays are going to be all about themed wedding ideas. Before getting engaged, anytime I heard about a themed wedding, I pictured a corny Under the Sea theme with hors d'oeuvres being served off of seashell shaped plates and awful sea green mermaid-cut bridesmaid dresses. After a little bit of reading and researching, I've found that themed weddings aren't nearly that terrible. 

This week's post looks at vintage weddings. There's a fine line between a great touch of vintage and a 20's-themed halloween party. I've found some gorgeous weddings on Style Me Pretty that had the perfect hint of nostalgia, without compromising the couples' own individual styles. 

While a vintage wedding may not be for me, I definitely have a great appreciation for a well done themed wedding. I don't find them any less beautiful than a non-themed wedding or any other wedding, for that matter. What's most important is the bride and groom sharing their love for one another with their family and friends. Ew, that was too corny for me. I shouldn't write these posts before I've had my morning coffee. Enjoy your vintage inspiration below.


Peacock feathers, hydrangeas, and old postcards give this program table a great vintage feel.

The pearls and fishnet veil are the perfect touch of old glamour
without looking too kitschy.

Vintage-style stemware, cutlery, and plates with simple vases to display the flowers.

I love the peacock feather and vintage font on this drink menu. 


(Images from Style Me Pretty)

No comments:

Post a Comment