Friday, September 28, 2012

You Mean I Can't Just Throw Some Roses in a Vase?

Wedding flowers. This is definitely one of the wedding aspects that is meant for the bride to oversee. My fiancĂ© couldn't care less about floral centerpieces, bouquets, or anything having to do with flowers. I could pick some tulips from someone's yard, throw them in a glass vase, and stick them on the center of a table, and he wouldn't know the difference. 



Depending on how important they are to you, you're either going to spend a little or a lot of your budget on flowers. Being a stickler for details, I place a lot of importance on the them in a wedding, so I don't mind spending a little more money to get the centerpieces or bouquets that I like. With that said, I know absolutely nothing about wedding flowers. I don't know what terms like biedermeier, pomander, or nosegay mean. (I'm a vocab freak, so you can bet your butt that I'm going to learn) All I know is that calla lilies and orchids are my favorite flowers. How they will be arranged and incorporated into the wedding will be decided by me with a lot of help from a florist. 



Thankfully, The Knot has provided a list of 15 wedding flower mistakes to avoid submitted by florists and event planners with a ton of experience. Below are a few of my favorite tips:

This one may be a little hard for me, since I'm such a control freak. But we'll make it work :)


Some people may find this idea tacky, but it actually makes a lot of sense. 


I like this idea, especially since my favorite flowers are on the pricier side.


This is very true. I'm all about minimalism, so the less cluttered and 
more coordinated a table looks, the better.

(tips and images from theknot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment