Monday, October 8, 2012

Dress Designer: Inbal Dror

Most girls have had their dream wedding dress picked out since they were 8. I am not one of those girls. Even though I don't know what I want my dress to look like, I've seen plenty of examples of what I don't want it to look like. 
(Warning: these dresses are SCARY)




(images from Tacky Weddings)


Luckily there are designers like Inbal Dror who have shown me that not all wedding dresses are nightmares made of taffeta or tulle. I found her website after I saw one of her gowns pinned on Pinterest, and she is my dream wedding gown designer. Unfortunately, she's located in Israel and I haven't found anything about her gowns being carried in the U.S. I did see that she makes custom gowns, so there's still hope. After my first visit to her website I was hooked. I'm in such awe of her designs. She has an eye for creating such unique gowns. They are truly unlike any others I've seen. I'm determined to wear one of her creations on my wedding day.






One thing I love about her is that she likes to focus on the back detail. I decided long before I saw her designs that I wanted either a backless gown, or something with a lot of detail on the back. To me, showing off your back is so subtly sexy. You don't need to have a slit in your skirt up to your thigh, or a neckline down to your navel if you have a sexy back. 



She is so good at producing form fitting, yet flowy gowns that flatter a woman's body. I think it's impossible not to feel sexy when wearing one of her creations. She doesn't use a million yards of tulle to create a poofy cupcake dress that reminds me of prom.

 


Seriously, how can you not be in love with this dress?! 

There aren't enough words that I could write that would describe how much I love these gowns. Now if I can just find a way to either go is Israel and buy my gown, or somehow get her to come to the states....

No comments:

Post a Comment