Monday, October 15, 2012

Wedding Do or Don't: Grooms Cake

Before I started this blog I had never even heard of a groom's cake. After a little digging, I've found out that a groom's cake is a tradition that originated from the southern part of the country. It's usually served as dessert at the rehearsal dinner, or on a separate table from the wedding cake at the reception. The groom's cake is served as a gift from the bride to the groom, and is usually designed to reflect some of the groom's hobbies or interests. 

As nice as the gesture may seem, sometimes a couple's budget doesn't allow for another expense like this. Danny isn't a huge fan of dessert, so I feel like a groom's cake would be a waste on him. I would feel better spending the money on a gift like a watch or cufflinks; something that I know he'd get more use out of. However, I've found a bunch of groom's cakes that may make me reconsider.

What do you think? Is a grooms cake a wedding do or don't?

For the groom who enjoys the finer things in life 

For the movie buff

For the comic book lover

For the board game player

For the soccer star

For the music lover

For the photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment