Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Engaged?!

I'm Engaged?!


Last week I got engaged to the love of my life. It happened while we were on vacation in Turks and Caicos staying at the Gansevoort Hotel. He had planned a romantic candlelit dinner on the beach with our own private band playing all of our favorite songs. I know it may seem like a cliche proposal, but since he is so old school, the whole set up was appropriate. Although we've been together for 4 years, I truly didn't expect anything out of this vacation besides a week to relax and forget about work together. It still hasn't fully hit me that we're getting married. We already decided that we want to enjoy being engaged for the next few months, and don't want to start planning anything until the end of the year, around the holidays. We're both so busy at work, that we want to finish out the next quarter on a strong note so that we can take the new year to devote as much time and attention that we can on the wedding. After all, you only get married once. (If you're lucky)



Now, I know we decided not to plan or make any big decisions until the new year, but how can I resist looking around and gathering ideas for my perfect wedding? I'm starting this blog to document and share the various ideas I find, and I'm hoping that I can help other women who are looking for inspiration for their weddings. Here's to a crazy new beginning!





No comments:

Post a Comment